14 April 2011

Mrs Lister's Q & A...A little bit about me..Or a lot depending on how honest I am!

Liz Jarvis put a shout out on Twitter the other evening. 

 Yes, I volunteered for this one. Ten pressed men and so on. I was obviously bored at the time. Pop over to her's and have a look at her answers.

This is where you get to learn all about me, or not, if I lie.


Lister’s Q&A


Which living person do you most admire, and why?
My Mother.  She's the strongest person I know.

When were you happiest?
When I had my eldest son.

What was your most embarrassing moment?
Embarrassing? Me? Never. 
My party piece when drunk is falling over. So there are a few of those!
Drunkenly falling over in a pub and ending up under a table (someone elses!), where I appeared to have lost the ability to get out from underneath it.
Falling out of a cab, in the middle of Whitehall, London, in high heels, short floaty skirt and very, very small knickers. Many, many bus stops in Whitehall. I got a round of applause *curtsies* "Thank you"
Take your pick.

Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
Do my new windows count, or is that part of 'property' ? If it counts, my windows. 
If not, then my car.

What is your most treasured possession?
Our bed. I love our bed. It's not expensive (Ikea) but it has a wonderful comfy mattress, loads of pillows, gorgeous bedding and it's so pretty. Not sure I'd want to have to rescue it in a fire though! That would be mine and Ian's Wedding rings.

Where would you like to live?
Exactly where I am. I've only lived in a few places. South Wales, Hemel Hempstead, NW and East London and Essex. But Brighton is 'the one'. I would not want to live anywhere else.

What’s your favourite smell?
I have LOTS of favourite smells. Can I have more than one? I'm going to anyway.
New baby. Suntan lotion and the beach, combined. Fresh laundry. Doughnuts. Cigars.

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Susan Sarandon. She rocks.

What is your favourite book?
Time Travellers Wife.

What is your most unappealing habit?
I still bite my nails! What? I'm not going to tell you any of the other really bad ones!

What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
Lara Croft. But, well, um...I'd need to borrow the body too. Due to my guiltiest pleasure answer below.

What is your earliest memory?
Walking with my Nan, round a street market, eating a punnet of strawberries covered in sugar. Probably about 3.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Cheese. Lots of cheese.

What do you owe your parents?
From my Dad an inability to do Maths! 
My Mum? Strength, humour, love. And probably the cost of all her hair dye, to cover the grey.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
No one. I've said all my sorrys.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My children.

What does love feel like?
Breathing.

What was the best kiss of your life?
Sitting on the steps outside The National Portait Gallery, at 2am, waiting for a nightbus (when there was still a road there!). Just the thought of it now gives me goosebumps.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Oh for fucks sake" (sometimes under my breath). 
"Can you please bring ALL your dirty stuff downstairs"

What is the worst job you’ve done?
I've been really lucky with jobs. None of them sucked too much.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
Not having a child with Ian. With my four, his two, six was enough. But? I wish I'd managed to persuade him.

What is the closest you’ve come to death?
Well, I thought I was dying with #1 son, but that turned out to be an overdose of Entinox!
Other than that, none that I'm aware of. Of course I may well have just missed being hit by falling fridges or something?

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My children.

When did you last cry, and why?
Today, yesterday and the day before that..etc. If you already know me, you'll know why. If not this should explain all.

How do you relax?
Reading.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
Right at this moment? A cleaner.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
That it's too short. Carpe Diem.

There, done. Now I have to tag some people.

Tara at Sticky Fingers
Chris at Thinly Spread
Gigi at Gigi's Ramblings

Come on, tell us some stuff!

blog comments powered by Disqus